Health and Safety Director
Reporting to the Project Delivery Director, the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of our EPC and RSSOM suppliers’ occupational health and safety (OHS) programs as part of the Réseau express métropolitain (REM) project. He or she will also be responsible for promoting and coordinating a safe and healthy work environment so that the company meets its legal obligations and acts proactively at all times, thereby achieving its zero accident vision.
- Develop and update the organizational strategy and occupational health and safety (OHS) policies and programs;
- Assess work environments and review, establish, implement and coordinate OHS policies and programs with a view to eliminating the risk of occupational accidents and illnesses at the source;
- Together with suppliers, launch and execute the prevention programs of all REM stakeholders;
- Perform inspections and audits, implement corrective or preventive recommendations when necessary and ensure follow-up;
- Provide leadership to the project’s OHS prevention officers and to suppliers involved in the REM project;
- Offer guidance and provide technical support, as required;
- Oversee the training of staff, hold orientation sessions and monthly OHS meetings;
- Maintain proactive and harmonious relationships with CNESST representatives;
- Keep OHS knowledge and skills up to date.
- Some 20 years of experience in OHS, working on large-scale projects;
- Knowledge of OHS legal practices.