Closing of a section on De Maisonneuve West
Where: at the De Maisonneuve West and McGill College intersection
Nature of the work
In preparation for the construction of the future station McGill, the public utilities (sewer, water main, telecommunications network) located on De Maisonneuve West, at the McGill College Avenue intersection, must be relocated. The targeted weekends are as follows:
- From Friday, November 30, 10 pm to Sunday, December 2, 5:30 am
- From Friday, December 7, 10 pm to Sunday, December 9, 5:30 am
- From Friday, December 14, 10 pm to Monday, December 17, 5:30 am
Impacts and mitigation measures
- The work will generate noise and dust. Monitoring by environmental experts will take place throughout the work.
- A marked, secure detour will be set up along the right side of De Maisonneuve West.
- Vehicular traffic will be prohibited on De Maisonneuve West, between McGill College Avenue and Robert-Bourassa Boulevard. Motorists will be offered an alternative route.
- Traffic heading south will be allowed on the west side of McGill College between Maisonneuve West and Sainte-Catherine West. On the north side, traffic will stop at the Montréal Eaton Centre parking lot.
- Pedestrian traffic will be obstructed on the southbound sidewalk of De Maisonneuve West. Secure, marked detours will be set up.
All businesses and office towers will remain accessible during the work, as will the Montréal Eaton Centre parking lot and loading dock. L’Asie Resto Bar and 1801 McGill College Avenue will remain accessible via De Maisonneuve West. Entrances to the Montréal Eaton Centre and to 1401 and 1501 McGill College will be accessible via Sainte-Catherine Street West.
The map below indicates the planned detours.
For all questions | 1 833 REM-INFO
Write us via the contact form of the "Contact us" page. You may contact us by phone on weekdays between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.