Trees cuting in Pierrefonds-Roxboro
Where : End of Perron street, nearby the Des Prairies River
Nature of the work
NouvLR, the consortium in charge of building the Réseau express métropolitain (REM), will begin trees cutting work, from May 20 to 24, at the end of Perron street, nearby the Des Prairies River, in preparation for construction work slated to begin later this fall.
The REM project aims to integrate harmoniously with its immediate surroundings, which is why more than 85% of the work will be carried out on public domain, on existing road and railway rights-of-way. At the same time, however, some brush clearing and deforestation work will be realized in order for access roads to be constructed.
- Since this work must be performed during the nesting season (April 1st to August 15th), and in order to avoid any impact on birds, their nests and eggs, a detailed inventory has been conducted to assess the absence of active nests before proceeding to any cut;
- These activities will be supervised and coordinated by our environmental experts, and will follow industry best practices and applicable standards and regulations;
- At-risk plant species and trees will be relocated or compensated with new plantings;
- Through a reforestation program, the same number of trees that were cut in temporary construction zones will be replanted, and an additional 10% will be planted in the municipal territory or borough where the trees were cut.
- Through a voluntary partnership with Jour de la Terre and the 375000arbres.org program, 250,000 trees will be planted to compensate for the GHG emissions produced during the construction phase.
The image below shows the site where trees cutting work is required:
For all questions | 1 833 REM-INFO
Write us via the contact form of the "Contact us" page. You may contact us by phone on weekdays between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.