Construction of the upper slab of the embankment
Nature of the work
The installation of retaining walls along the railway embankment is being finished. Night work is completed for this phase of the work.
Once this stage is completed, construction of the upper slab of the embankment can begin. This work will take place starting the week of July 5, for approximately 6 weeks. Occasional night and weekend work is also planned to carry out certain activities.
Impacts and mitigation measures:
- Night work will take place occasionally during this period.
- Weekend work will also be carried out in parallel.
- This work will generate noise and dust. Experts will monitor the work and mitigation measures will be deployed.
- There will be lighting on site. A special effort will be made not to point the lights toward neighbouring homes.
- A complete blockage of Smith Street, between Peel and Murray Streets, will be necessary to ensure the logistics of the work site.
* Date subject to change according to weather conditions.
For all questions | 1 833 REM-INFO
Write us via the contact form of the "Contact us" page. You may contact us by phone on weekdays between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.