Work at Canora Station
Nature of the work
On August 11, 2018, work will start in preparation for the installation of central catenary posts. A catenary is an aerial device consisting of a series of messenger wires and contact lines providing a train’s power supply. This important step will allow us to maintain current train service and to continue the work for setting up the construction site. The poles will be delivered to the site no later than August 11 and unloaded using a forklift.
The work an August 12 will be completed by CN and consists in placing the cables from the existing gantries onto the new poles installed on August 11.
Noisy work will be carried out between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.* Work before and after this time period will be necessary to mobilize and demobilize all elements required to carry out the work and to clean up the site.
Impacts and mitigation measures:
- A few trucks will be use the railway right-of-way to transport equipment and materials. Truck drivers will be made aware that the work is being performed in a residential area.
- The equipment will mostly be taken to the right-of-way through the work site entrance at the corner of Dunkirk Road and Glencoe Avenue. Some equipment will be taken between the work site entrance and the logistics zone using De Chambois Road.
- Back-up alarms, generators and tools, including an impact driver, may create noise.
- Measures designed to mitigate noise at the source will be used when possible.
* Due to the nature of the activities being performed, work may be interrupted while it is in progress and may have to be completed after 7 p.m. to ensure the integrity of existing infrastructures. Should this situation arise, the work period will have to be extended to complete the work already begun and to ensure train service on Monday morning.
For all questions | 1 833 REM-INFO
Write us via the contact form of the "Contact us" page. You may contact us by phone on weekdays between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.