Rehabilitation of the Lachine Canal railway bridge
Nature of the work:
Important: Work will take place from April 29th to May 2nd. The path will be closed on the north side from Friday 7pm to Monday 5am.
Rehabilitation work must be carried out to restore and make the Lachine Canal railway bridge safe.
This work will include the following steps:
- Dismantling of the structures supporting the old catenaries (electrical cables)
- Replacement of spans at the ends of the bridge
- Repair of various structural elements
Impacts and mitigation measures:
- The work could generate noise, dust, and truck traffic, which will be monitored by experts. Mitigation measures will be implemented wherever possible.
- Night work is scheduled for certain types of work. This schedule is necessary for certain types of work near the railway tracks, in order to avoid disrupting rail traffic during the day and to ensure the safety of workers.
- Some of this work will cause partial or complete obstructions on the multipurpose paths located on either side of the Lachine Canal.
- The path will be closed on the north side from April 29th at 7pm to Monday May 2nd at 5am. The detour for cyclists is shown below. The detour for pedestrians will be via Wellington and Peel.
*Date subject to change according to weather conditions and work progress.
For all questions | 1 833 REM-INFO
Write us via the contact form of the "Contact us" page. You may contact us by phone on weekdays between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.