Parking and driving
Do you want to park somewhere so you can take the REM? Here are the main rules to follow in our parking lots. For more details, please consult our Official Regulations. In the event that the Regulations and the text below conflict, the Regulations apply.
Parking (free and paid spaces)
- Never leave your vehicle in a lot outside of the hours permitted.
- Refer to the signage to park your vehicle in the allowed areas.
- Take one spot only: leave space for as many users as possible.
- Pay the parking fee according to current pricing for the paid zone of our lots.
- Respect the indicated speed limit. If you don’t see any indications, drive at a maximum of 10 km/h.
- If you are found in violation of parking regulations, your vehicle may be towed at your expense.
- If your vehicle has been towed, you will have to pay a fee to the pound agent.
- Park your bicycle in the intended racks, during network service hours only.
Fines and penalties
Consequences of infringement
If you infringe upon any provision of the Regulations, you are committing an infraction and are liable to be fined the amount laid out in Appendix A of the Regulations plus applicable fees.
In the event of an infraction in a paid lot, you may be fined $75 to $500 (for a natural person), plus applicable fees. Your vehicle might also be towed without further notice or delay and you will be required to pay the towing and storage fees to collect it.
For more details, please consult the page on Statements of offence and fines.
If you are found in violation of any of the provisions of these Regulations, you may forfeit the right to remain in or on REM facilities and be required to immediately vacate the premises by a REM agent.