Closure of one segment of Malo Avenue
Where: Malo Avenue, under Highway 10.
Nature of the work*
At Malo Avenue, REM’s projected route will run in the median of Highway 10, which requires construction of an elevated structure. One key step in this consists in constructing a pillar beneath Highway 10. The works to re-align Malo Avenue will begin, and the bicycle path will be rerouted. Then, work to construct the pillar for the elevated station will begin.
Work will be take place between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., six days per week.**
Impacts and mitigation measures
- This work will generate noise.
- Lamp posts will need to be moved.
- Sign panels will redirect traffic.
- Residents will be able to access their properties at all times.
- The bike path will remain accessible, but will be rerouted to the other side of the street during the work.
* Please note that due to the nature of the activities being performed, work cannot be interrupted while it is in progress, and must be completed to ensure integrity of the existing infrastructures is maintained. Should this situation arise, the work period will have to be extended to complete the work already begun.
** The anticipated work period is between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Work before and after this time period will be necessary to mobilize and demobilize all elements required to carry out the work and to clean up the site. Some work may need to be performed at night. Work start date is subject to change without prior notice.
For all questions | 1 833 REM-INFO
Write us via the contact form of the "Contact us" page. You may contact us by phone on weekdays between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.