First construction phase for REM station McGill
Nature of the work
The work will be carried out by the NouvLR consortium. Over the coming months, work will be completed according to the following calendar:
|Calendar||Beginning September 17, for approximately four months|
|Schedule||Primarily during the day, on weekdays, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.|
|Work||Relocation or protection of the infrastructure for public utilities and municipal services|
|Sector||On the east side of McGill College Avenue, between Sainte-Catherine West and De Maisonneuve West|
Furthermore, a few occasional obstructions will occur at night or on weekends on De Maisonneuve West at the McGill College Avenue intersection. Specific Works Info notices will be released before these obstructions take place.
Impacts and mitigation measures
The work will generate noise and dust. Vehicular traffic will be prohibited on the east side of McGill College and pedestrian traffic will be obstructed on the sidewalk on the same side. One lane of vehicular traffic, in each direction, will be allowed on the west side of McGill College.
All stores and office towers will remain accessible during the work, as well as the Eaton Centre parking lot and delivery dock. L’Asie Resto Bar and 1801 McGill College Avenue will remain accessible via De Maisonneuve West. Entrances to the Eaton Centre, to 1401 and 1501 McGill College will be accessible via Sainte-Catherine Street West. The map below indicates the planned detours.
The aim of the REM project office and NouvLR consortium is to mitigate the impact on store activities and ensure the safety of customers, pedestrians and motorists by implementing all appropriate measures, including:
- A construction zone entirely secured by fencing.
- This work will generate noise and dust. Mitigation measures will be implemented to ensure adherence to the noise and air quality criteria to which the project is subject. Furthermore, measures will be taken by environmental experts throughout the work as part of the environmental monitoring.
- Safe detours for pedestrians and the presence of signage.
- An alternative route for motorists, via Robert-Bourassa Boulevard and Mansfield Street, to reduce traffic on McGill College Avenue.
- Continuously raising workers’ awareness on site.
* Work will be carried out between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. Work before and after this time period will be necessary to mobilize and demobilize all elements required to carry out the work and to clean up the site.
For all questions | 1 833 REM-INFO
Write us via the contact form of the "Contact us" page. You may contact us by phone on weekdays between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.