Can I take the REM with my pet?
Guide dogs and service dogs are allowed on the REM. Other animals must travel in carrier cages. REM is conducting a pilot project to allow dogs on a leash on the network at all times, except during rush hours, certain conditions apply.
Your pet is allowed on the REM in certain circumstances
Guide dogs and service dogs are allowed if they are assisting people with disabilities or if they are being trained. Other animals must at all times be kept in carrier cages or other closed carriers designed to safely transport animals.
REM is conducting a pilot project to allow dogs on leashes on the network at all times, except during rush hours. Here are the details of the prohibited periods:
- Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
- Monday to Friday between 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m
Here are a few rules to follow for this pilot project:
- All dogs must wear muzzles, from the moment they enter the station until they leave.
- You must keep your pet firmly on a leash, with a maximum length of 1.25 m (49 in.) between the hand holding the leash and the attachment on the animal.
- Only one dog per passenger is allowed.
- Under no circumstances may dogs occupy car seats or benches on station platforms.
Some entrances to the network are located in buildings that do not belong to the Réseau express métropolitain. Owners of these buildings may allow pet dogs in their buildings in certain areas only. If you intend to use one of these accesses, please enquire beforehand.
To find ou more, please consult the REM Regulation