Can I bring my bike in the REM?
REM is conducting a pilot project to allow bicycles on its network at all times, except during the rush hours. There is a limit of two bicycles per car.
Bikes are welcome
At all times, rules apply to mark bicycle traffic on the REM network. You may not ride a bicycle or similar object in the stations or in the cars. Furthermore, your bike may not be parked anywhere other than in the racks provided and cannot be parked outside the REM’s operating hours.
REM is conducting a pilot project to allow bicycles* on the network at all times, except during weekday rush hours. Here are the details of the prohibited periods:
- Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
- Monday to Friday between 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m
Here are a few rules to follow:
- You must be at least 14 years old or accompanied by an adult.
- Respect the two bicycle per REM car limit.
- Let other passengers in and out first.
- Make sure you hold your bike securely and do not lean it against the car, a seat, a door or any other REM equipment or facility.
Bikes may be prohibited during events that generate high ridership.
*The same rules apply to the following items:
- Electric bicycle
Do you have a folding scooter or bicycle?
It's okay to carry it on the REM (except for gas-powered scooters, which are prohibited), as long as it doesn't interfere with the movement of passengers and staff, or compromise their safety or that of the vehicles. The scooter or bike must remain folded for the duration of your journey.
To find out more, please consult our REM Regulation page.