Trees cutting in Boulevard du Lac surrounding area
Nature of the work
NouvLR, the consortium in charge of building the Réseau express métropolitain (REM), will begin trees cutting work, from February 3 to 7, in the Boulevard du Lac surrounding area in Deux-Montagnes, in preparation for excavation and public utilities relocation previous to the REM’s construction work.
The image below shows every site where cleanup work is required:
Impacts and mitigation measures
- Work will be performed outside the nesting season (April 1stto August 15th), in order to avoid any impact on birds, their nests and eggs;
- These activities will be supervised and coordinated by our environmental experts, and will follow industry best practices and applicable standards and regulations;
- At-risk plant species and trees will be relocated or compensated with new plantings;
- Through a reforestation program, the same number of trees that were cut in temporary construction zones will be replanted, and an additional 10% will be planted in the municipal territory or borough where the trees were cut.
- Through a voluntary partnership with Jour de la Terre and the 375000arbres.org program, 250,000 trees will be planted to compensate for the GHG emissions produced during the construction phase.
For all questions | 1 833 REM-INFO
Write us via the contact form of the "Contact us" page. You may contact us by phone on weekdays between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.