Central Station is integrated into the train station bearing the same name. As this is a heritage building dating back to 1943, the REM station has preserved and enhanced the architectural components of the historic train station, platforms and underground levels. It is also connected to the Bonaventure metro station (orange line) and the downtown terminal.
Type of station
The station is integrated into the Central Station Complex, located at 895 De la Gauchetière Street West. It will be possible to access the station’s platforms from the concourse.
Discover the implementation plan for the Gare Centrale station, including the different accesses and services.
- Start of construction: Fall 2019
- Depth of the station: 3.1 m from the concourse level
- Length of each platform: 80 m
- Architectural integration: Unique architectural treatment to preserve and enhance the heritage aspect of Central Station
- Universal accessibility to the station’s platforms via elevators
- Metro: Connection to the orange line nearby
- Buses: Close to downtown terminal and stops on nearby streets
- Paratransit drop-off area in coordination with partners
Frequency once the network is fully commissioned
- Peak hours: 2.5 minutes
- Off-peak hours: 5 minutes
- Brossard: 16 minutes
- McGill: 1 minute
- Édouard-Montpetit: 4 minutes
- Bois-Franc: 16 minutes
- YUL-Aéroport-Montréal-Trudeau: 26 minutes*
- Anse-à-l’Orme: 34 minutes*
- Deux-Montagnes: 34 minutes*
*To get to this station, you must check the final destination before boarding the REM at Central Station.