2020: On our way to operational testing
Some 20 construction sites are underway across the metropolitan area. Among this year’s milestones: modernization work is taking place in the Mont-Royal Tunnel, the tunnel boring machine will being drilling on the airport branch, and a representative segment will be implemented on the South Shore in late 2020.
- Continued construction of the Brossard and Du Quartier stations and their related infrastructure
- New phase of work at Panama station and the future bus terminal
- Continued installation of the track and electrical system in the centre of Highway 10
- Continuation of work on the central span of the Samuel De Champlain Bridge
- Fall 2020: Start of testing on the representative segment between the Brossard station and Milan Boulevard (3.5 km)
- Construction of Île-des-Sœurs station and channel bridge
- Continued construction of the elevated structure, installation of tracks and electrical system in Pointe-Saint-Charles
- Continuation of rehabilitation work on the railway overpass, replacement of railway tracks in Griffintown
- Central Station: Replacement of electrical and mechanical systems, creation of entrance to the concourse, construction of the central platform
- McGill: Work to connect the station and the Mont-Royal Tunnel, start of platform construction, installation of electrical and mechanical systems in nearby buildings
- Édouard-Montpetit: Work to connect the station to the Mont-Royal Tunnel, start of construction of platforms and station
- As of March 30, 2020: Train service suspension between Central Station and Du Ruisseau station
- Excavation work and replacement of existing railway tracks in the Mont-Royal Tunnel
- Dismantling of the catenary and removal of the tracks between Central Station and Du Ruisseau station
- Construction of steel structures and roofs at Canora, Ville-de-Mont-Royal, Côte-de-Liesse and Bois-Franc stations
- Opening of construction sites at Du Ruisseau and Montpellier stations
- Engineering works: Demolition and reconstruction of the Jean-Talon and Cornwall bridges, continued work on the Rivière-des-Prairies bridges
For more information on the work sequence and mitigation measures, see our Deux-Montagnes and Mascouche lines page.
Airport and West Island
- Continuation of work on the elevated structure: Construction of pillars, production of segments, installation of tracks on the deck
- Construction work begins on Fairview-Pointe-Claire and L'Anse-à-l'Orme stations
- Winter/spring 2020: Departure of Alice, the tunnel boring machine, from the Technoparc to the airport
- Spring 2020: Resumption of activities of the two launching beams, Anne and Marie (suspended all winter)
Keep informed about the work
Every week, we update the map of ongoing construction sites.
Stay up-to-date on the project’s major milestones.
Receive major alerts in your area.