Four years of construction in retrospect
On April 12, 2018, we were at the ground-breaking ceremony for the REM. Four years later, the work has progressed enormously, even if there is still a long way to go before commissioning. A retrospective in pictures of four years of construction.
A look back at the highlights by sector
South Shore and Île-des-Sœurs sector
- Complete electrification of the branch (South Shore to Central Station) this summer.
- Continued dynamic testing.
- Commissioning this fall.
- Continuation of work related to the railway bridges on the Rivière des Mille-Îles.
- Progress on the interior of stations in the Saint-Laurent and Ville-de-Mont-Royal boroughs.
- Work on the structure of stations on the North Shore.
- End of foundation work at Kirkland station.
- Start of construction of the steel structure at Des Sources station, then at Kirkland station.
- Continued construction of the other stations and installation of the rails and systems.
- Assembly of the elevated structure in the Technoparc sector.
- Continuation of TBM operations, which should be completed by fall 2022.