Easier access to university campuses with the REM
The REM’s arrival will facilitate access to university campuses, with stations located near several institutions of higher education. With similar service hours and frequencies as the Montréal metro system, the REM adapts to students’ work and study schedules.
In addition to being connected to the blue, green and orange metro lines, the REM will provide better access to universities, including:
- Université de Montréal, HEC Montréal and Polytechnique – Édouard Montpetit Station, connected to the metro
- McGill University, downtown campus – McGill Station, connected to the metro
- McGill University, MacDonald campus – Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue Station
- John Abbot College – Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue Station
- École de technologie supérieure (ETS) – Griffintown – Bernard-Landry Station
The bus routes will also be revised, in order to optimize feeder service to REM’s stations, thus facilitating access to other educational institutions.
The REM team will continue to meet with students on various campuses, keeping them informed about the project and answering questions they may have. Are you a member of a student association and interested in an REM presentation or event on your campus?